BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
“Bioidentical” hormones are defined as substances that have exactly the same chemical and molecular structure as hormones that are produced in the human body.
Hormone replacement is very helpful for women going through perimenopause or menopause, as It can dramatically improve symptoms such as hot flashes, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, mood swings and cognitive changes, like ‘brain fog.’
Thyriod /Adrenal / Sex Hormone Imbalances
Symptoms of hormone imbalances can manifest in many ways, including:
- Menstrual changes (including painful, heavy or irregular periods)
- Increased PMS
- Unexplained weight gain (or difficulty losing weight)
- Mood changes, including depression, anxiety, irritability or mood swings
- Bad memory or brain fog
- Lack of motivation of just feeling “flat”
- Difficulty falling asleep, or not sleeping soundly at night
- Loss of interest in sex, vaginal dryness, or painful sex
- Digestive problems like bloating or constipation
- Adult acne
- Dry skin
- Dry eyes
- Hair loss, dry hair or change in hair texture
- Hot flashes or night sweats
Symptoms of hormonal imbalances can range quite a bit depending on what role that specific hormone plays in your body.
Some common issues associated with hormonal imbalances may include:
- Estrogen Dominance (low progesterone or high estrogen): disrupted sleep, weight gain, increased stress and anxiety, increased PMS, heavier periods and shorter menstrual cycles.
- Low Estrogen: decreased libido, loss of menstrual regularity, fatigue, vaginal dryness, mood changes, memory problems.
- Low Testosterone: lack of interest in sex, vaginal dryness, loss of muscle tone, feeling “flat” or unmotivated
- Adrenal problems (low or high cortisol): fatigue, anxiety, depression, trouble sleeping, brain fog, weight gain
- Hypothyroidism: slowed metabolism, fatigue, weight gain, mood changes, constipation, irregular menstrual cycles, feeling cold
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): infertility, weight gain, acne, excess hair growth in unwanted areas but loss of scalp hair.
- Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism): anxiety, hair loss, weight loss, diarrhea, irregular sleep, racing heart or palpitations.
- Pre-Diabetes: weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Are you ready to understand how your body is working and get a personalized plan to restore your wellness? Lets help! The solution will be different for everyone, because we need to address YOUR unique circumstances.
Feel free to schedule a complimentary phone consultation to see what the best next steps are for you.
We provide option for Tele-health/ Tele medicine for follow up after establishing care with practice.